Gluten Free Christmas Treats: White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Recipe
Hands up those that love making yummy treats for Christmas! My hand is way up and I have some great recipes to share with you and they are of course, all gluten free.
I got this very yummy recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction - she calls it Candy Cane Chocolate Swirl Fudge
Gluten Free White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate melts – I used Cadbury’s (check the packet – not all brands are gluten free)
- 1 x 3697g can condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 6 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips – I used Coles Home Brand (again, check the packet to make sure gluten free)
- Put the white chocolate melts and condensed milk into a saucepan and heat on low heat
- While it’s heating, stir the mixture constantly to stop the mixture browning on the bottom and edges of the pan. Stir until the chocolate melts are melted.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the peppermint essence and most of the crushed candy canes.
- Pour into a baking tray or dish lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and swirl them through the fudge
- Sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy canes on top.
- Put it into the fridge to set, mine took 12 hours!
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Notes: to easily crush candy canes, keep them in their wrappers and hit them with the end of a rolling pin. (I got this tip from Planning with Kids, go and check out her Candy Cane Freckles, yummy!) Make sure you get the peppermint ones and make sure they are gluten free. I haven’t come across any that are not but it is always best to check.
This can be easily made for Christmas Gifts, last year I wrote a post sharing some other yummy christmas treats.
Have you had a chance to do some Christmas Cooking?