Gluten Free Tuna and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Welcome to another week friends! I am sharing the recipe of a family favourite today. This dish has never been rejected by Little Man (he is a tad fussy). When he was younger I used to serve this in his own little baking dish and he thought it was wonderful!
The recipe I got from here at taste.com.au image from there too) and tweaked it to make gluten free.
Gluten Free Tuna and Mushroon Pasta Bake
- 300g gluten free pasta(if you have a bit less or abit more than thats okay – this amount feeds 3 comfortably)
- large can tuna, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) low-fat thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to packet directions or until al dente. Drain and set aside. (Ensure it is large, gluten free pasta likes to cook in alot of water and drain really really well.)
- Heat some oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and mushroom and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Add the cream and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir through the cooked pasta, tuna, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is warmed through fully.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual oven-proof ramekins. (or a big baking dish like me)Sprinkle each one with some cheese, then place under a preheated grill and cook until golden brown on top. Set aside for a few minutes before serving.